At ARTventurers, we take the health and safety of all of our ARTventurers big and small very seriously. We have always ensured that we deliver high quality and engaging activities in our classes and our standards of hygiene and cleaning of all equipment have always been excellent. However, In light of the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have put together some information to reassure all of our customers, all of which is based on Public Health England advice.
We believe this information and the measures that we implement should give parents and carers the comfort and assurances you need when attending any of our classes or workshops with your children. We have adopted the following special measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak:
- All of our franchisees have completed a CPD accredited Infection Control course and have also completed the ARTventurers Coronavirus Training Course. Certificates are available to view on request.
- Government advice for adults and older children is to stay alert and to socially distance where possible, at a distance of one metre plus where the two metre distance cannot be achieved. We ask our customers to respect this and stay within the safe and recommended distances of each other. In respect of younger children (early years/under 5s) it is accepted that it is much more difficult to ensure social distancing. In order to maintain safe distances in our classes, in many venues and classes we will have restricted numbers in place and the layout of our classes will be adapted accordingly. You might therefore find that the class looks a bit different when you walk into the room – but the ARTventurers fun will just be the same!
- A health declaration has been added to the website for parents/carers booking any sessions complete, to declare that you, or your child has not been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and if they have, they have self-isolated for the required period specified by Government/Public Health advice.
- For those booked onto a term/course of sessions, we ask all of our customers to inform us immediately if they have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 during the course of the term. We maintain up to date customer records and in those circumstances we will immediately inform all others booked onto the same course.
- Additional cleaning measures for all equipment are in place to maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene.
- Whilst we cannot accept responsibility for the cleanliness of the venues that we hire or use as that is beyond our control and is the responsibility of the owner/management of the venue, we will not continue to use a venue where we have concerns that the standards of cleanliness and hygiene do not meet Public Health guidelines.
- We have adapted our session plans and activities to ensure that shared equipment and materials where the contamination risk is higher are minimised or removed.
- We will not offer communal washing facilities for the children during our classes. Things do get messy at ARTventurers at times though – so parents/carers are asked to bring their own towels, wipes etc and a change of clothes for their child. We ask everyone to take their own rubbish/used nappies away with them after class to dispose of safely at home.
- We will ensure that class times are set so that everyone can arrive and exit the venues safely without any busy “crossover” times.
- For any sessions such as workshops for older children where parents are not in attendance, any child who develops a high temperature will not be able to remain at the session and if a child begins to show symptoms of a cough or fever there will be a designated area where the child can be kept safe and isolated until they are collected.
There are some practical steps we ask everyone to take when attending ARTventurers to stop viruses spreading:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues, wipes and nappies in into a rubbish bag/nappy sack immediately and dispose of safely at home
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- keep within the social distancing guidelines and keep a close eye on the distances that your child is maintaining in the group
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- come to class if you or your child are unwell or you suspect that either of you could be at risk of contracting or spreading Coronavirus after contact with someone who is ill.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely – safeguarding the health and safety of our ARTventurers and our team across the country is our top priority!
|This policy was adopted on||Date for review|
|July 2020. Reviewed 25.6.21||June 2022|