Welcome to ARTventurers Coventry & Warwickshire Central’s news page & blog!
Hi everyone! ☺️ With lots of new visitors in the last few months I thought I’d introduce myself properly with some facts you may not (or may) know about me.
I’m Maddie and I run ARTventurers weekly art classes, parties & events in Leamington Spa/Warwick, Kenilworth, Stratford & Coventry!
1. I have a daughter called Erin who is 12yrs. She is my inspiration every single day and often my helpful assistant at classes, parties, holiday sessions and events but also my fellow tester of new recipes. I also have a stepson called Morgan who is 15yrs, he is interested in all things internet/YouTube/games based and loves football…a typical teenage boy! 😄
2. Also not forgetting my amazing husband Lloyd who helps out with lifting heavy ARTventurers kit into the garage but also being massively supportive of me starting a new business and having tons of paint 🎨 & glitter ✨ literally EVERYWHERE!
3. I made the leap into self employment with ARTventurers Leamington Spa, Coventry & Central Warwickshire after 16 years of secondary school teaching! The love and passion I had for teaching Art & Design to teenagers has now transferred into a massive love of working with the smallest of artists and helping to develop and shape little creative minds of the future!
4. My favourite film is The Fifth Element followed closely by Gladiator…not sure why but I find lots of hunky men in skirts rather attractive 😉
5. I’ve been extremely lucky to visit some amazing places in the world…Lake Garda, Grenada, Turkey, Maui, Portugal, Australia, Fuerteventura, Los Angeles, Spain, Barbados and the most amazing place I’ve been to is a little island called Lana’i near Maui where I saw loads of beautiful humpback whales 🐋
6. I guess my spiritual home has to be where I was born and grew up…Bonny Scotland 🏴 you would never have guessed it as I lost my accent a very long time ago!
7. Two of the most scary things I’ve ever done are…No1 – I once threw myself out of an airplane at University for charity…not once but twice! No2 – 2 years ago Lloyd proposed to me by the side of Lake Garda…not before making me do a paragliding flight from the mountain over Lake Garda first…I think he was banking on me being too shocked to say anything else but yes!!!