At ARTventurers, our overriding priority is to make sure that all children, parents and carers who attend our classes are able to do so in a fun and relaxed but also safe and secure environment. Please read this information carefully before booking and again before coming to your first class and if you have any concerns or queries please contact me prior to coming along.
What should my child wear to an ARTventurers class?
For the baby classes, babies will be fine in a vest or T-shirt and nappy and an old pair of trousers or leggings if you want to cover up their little legs. In the older class, please dress your child in something you don’t mind getting painty or messy. Please ensure your child’s torso is covered at all times. We try our very best to ensure that we use materials that won’t stain however we can’t promise that some staining won’t occur so old clothes only please! We do sell ARTventurers T shirts and baby vests for wearing at classes – these aren’t compulsory but many parents do purchase them for wearing at the classes. They are ideal for messy play at home too!
What should I bring to the sessions?
For our classes for age 5 and under (which do get messy!), you will need to bring the following things along to class:
- Your painting tools pack (for Tiny, Baby & Family term-time classes) – this is one of our Covid safety measures so that the children aren’t sharing equipment. If you haven’t got yours yet, you can order from www.artventurers.co.uk/shop/
- A towel and some wipes or similar for cleaning up your child during/after the session – following the coronavirus outbreak and in line with public health advice we cannot provide communal washing facilities.
- Some nappy sacks/carrier bags for taking used nappies and other rubbish away with you to dispose of safely at home
- You will probably want to bring spare clothes so that you can change your child at the end of the session.
- You might also want to bring along a couple of carrier bags or something similar to carry any pieces of artwork home with you together with any messy/painty clothes – we do sell art folders which are perfect for transporting artwork home and art scrapbooks for preserving creations, just ask for more info!
What should grown ups wear?
We simply suggest that you wear clothes that you are comfortable in and that you’re not frightened of getting a bit messy! As above, although we try to ensure that the materials and paints we use are washable, we can’t guarantee that staining won’t occur.
Health and Safety:
ARTventurers is a Gold Accredited member of the Children’s Activities Association and meets or exceeds their standards in all operational aspects.
Safety of all ARTventurers is paramount – we want to make sure that the children who attend the sessions (and their grown ups) have lots of creative, colourful, messy fun in a safe and secure environment. Your child does remain your responsibility while at ARTventurers sessions and must be supervised throughout.
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have introduced additional health and safety measures inside and outside of classes to ensure that everyone’s safety and peace of mind. Please read through our ARTventurers Coronavirus Policy and if you have any questions or concerns contact your class leader in the first instance.
Young children explore not only with their hands but at times with their mouths so we make sure that everything we use in our sessions is non toxic. The materials used in ARTventurers sessions are all sourced from trusted suppliers / high street retailers / well known supermarkets and are provided in the knowledge that parents and carers supervise the children while they play with them. Whilst all the materials we use are non-toxic, children should not eat them!
If your child suffers from any allergies or medical conditions then it is vital that you indicate it on the booking form when you book onto our sessions so that we can plan accordingly as we will often use foodstuffs or edible paints as part of the sensory and creative play activities at the sessions. It is your responsibility to ensure that your child does not come into contact with anything that may cause him/her to suffer an allergic reaction. If you have any concerns about allergies and intolerances then please contact your local branch to discuss – we are generally able to adapt our sessions and materials to accomodate!
Whilst we endeavour to clear all spillages as soon as they have occurred, some of the materials can cause the play area to become slippy so please, NO running. All materials are made in the knowledge that they are to be played with under a parent / carer’s supervision. We appreciate your help in trying to avoid unnecessary / intentional pouring of materials outside of their immediate play areas so that everyone enjoys the experience and if you see any spills please let your class leader know straight away so we can clear them up.
Please don’t come along to class if you or your child are ill, to avoid the spread of illness or infection. Following the coronavirus pandemic, all customers are required to complete a health declaration on booking and are asked to inform the franchise branch if there is a notifiable change in situation.
Please keep your baby at home if he/she or you:
- Has a fever or cough or has had one in the previous 14 days
- Has had an upset stomach or diarrhoea in the previous 48 hours
- Has heavy nasal discharge
- Has discharging eyes
- Have been in contact with someone who has displayed symptoms of coronavirus and should be self isolating in accordance with the government public health advice.
Has symptoms of a possible communicable diseases such as:
- Chicken pox
- German measles
- Whooping cough
- Scarlett fever
- Hand, foot and mouth disease
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
During the session your ARTventurers class leader may take photographs of the children participating in the activities. We do this for planning and recording purposes but we often also share photographs on social media including Facebook and may use some photographs in marketing materials. If you do not wish your child to be included in such photographs then that isn’t a problem. Our booking form asks you to indicate whether or not you consent to photographs.
Names will not be used alongside any photographs unless your specific consent has been sought to this.
During the session you’ll also notice that other parents will often take photographs of their own children taking part in the activities to record special memories. Inevitably this may sometimes involve other children being in the background. If you are taking photographs in one of our classes, please do not share photographs of children other than your own on social media – there may be reasons why a particular child must not be included in photographs in this way.
Please remember that much of the content of the class is under copyright and while we love to see you recreating the ARTventurers fun at home, these are not to be incorporated into another public activity without our permission.
Child Protection and Safeguarding
All members of the ARTventurers Team are fully committed to providing a safe, secure and inclusive environment for all children and parents/carers attending our classes. All of our Franchisees undergo safeguarding training and a copy of our written Child Protection Policy is available to all parents and carers on request – just ask your class leader!
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- ARTventurers is committed to the safety of all persons who attend our classes and to deliver the highest standard of service. Participating in an ARTventurers class is entirely at your own risk without any proven negligence, breach of duty of care or lack of due diligence by ARTventurers Ltd, your local franchise branch or its employees/leaders
- When you book an ARTventurers class, your booking and any contract exists with the individual franchise branch which operates as an independent franchise business and not with ARTventurers Ltd.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-exchangeable – if you have booked and paid for a class and are then unable to attend for whatever reason (including illness, isolation or holidays), unfortunately we cannot offer a refund. In some circumstances, the branch may be able to offer you a space on another class during that same week but this is subject to availability and circumstances. As each franchise branch operates as an independently owned business, bookings cannot be transferred between branches.
- All customers booking places on any of our sessions must have read, understood and agree to comply with the terms of our ARTventurers Coronavirus policy, in particular those regarding health declarations and customer responsibility to help stop the spread of infection.
- In the event that the franchise branch has no option but to cancel/suspend/postpone classes due to events beyond their control such as venue closure, bad weather, pandemic or epidemic, illness, local lockdown restrictions or other circumstances which mean that the class cannot take place, the franchise branch will offer either a catch up class or offer a class credit to be used at a future date by the customer.
We always welcome and value feedback and input from our ARTventurers grown ups! If you have a concern, complaint or query then we would encourage you to contact your local franchise branch in the first instance. You can find their contact details here.
If you are unhappy with the response received from your local branch OR if you would prefer to discuss your concern or query with Head Office then please contact us using the contact details on the Contact section of the main website
We look forward to seeing you and your little artist soon for lots of colourful, creative fun!